Monday, May 17, 2010

Who Are You?

Mostly I'm a random person with a desire to teach people. A desire to tell them the things they didn't learn in school and the things we, as a group, don't talk about. Ignorance is bliss until you find yourself in a bad situation.

I have a few credentials to go with this. At University, I was the Sex Lady (they actually called me this around campus, to my secret pleasure), teaching a section of the required health class every semester. I have been to classes on how to teach sex-ed and have been certified as a result. I keep up with the current politics on sexual health/freedom. I went to Africa to join the fight against AIDS, and I continue to find ways to reach out to groups to educate them on HIV/AIDS prevention.

My preferred audience are adolescents. We make mistakes when we're young & lost, and sex-related mistakes can often have life-long consequences. Being less negative, young people are the perfect age to learn good, safe habits.

If I don't know an answer, it's hard for me to not chase down the facts. I may even occasionally include my sources for those dying for further reading!

So... Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment